Friday, October 15, 2010

an ode to my parents...love that grows never fades

So, mommy and daddy,
43 years, eh? How does it feel? Not many people get to live this long to be married this long--so, baruch hashem, you guys are here, alive, well, healthy, happy and continuing through life, hand in hand, one step at a time. It's pretty remarkable that you guys have been together for not only 43 years, but for those extra 8 years before you wed--the beginning of your time together. I remember when I was 14 or so, I thought that i had to find my husband--you guys set the bar really high you know--most people these days just settle, but I won't--i want the real deal like you guys have--the man that will stand beside me no matter what--and be the kind of woman who can make a man nuts but never drive him away. :)

You guys are so special and so perfect for each other that you make the television network sick--the only way you would have been accepted on that cooking show was if you swore at each other, made fun of each other or criticized one another--but in my lifetime of being your child, your little baby, I've never once witnessed any of that--it's only ever been genuine words, kind gestures and fluffy stuff--with only a little bit of frustration--but even with the frustration comes an added side of love.

You two walk around in this world as an influence to a lot of people--to my friends, strangers, extended family and to your children--especially your children. That's one of the main reasons why none of us are married i suppose--we want what you have and these days, that's not an easy find. One day it will come and we will all know. But for now, I enjoy watching you two dote over one another and live your life wanting to spend all your time together.

anyway, I wish for you both more time in the world together, more time to travel and more time to live--I pray pray pray for your health together and for continued happiness and love--and I pray pray pray that you are both here when I get what you have. A little selfish wish, but a valid one.

I love you both with all my heart and i miss you guys.

May you dine, dance and dote for many many more years together,

Happy Anniversary,

All my love,
LeeC

No comments:

Post a Comment