Thursday, August 5, 2010

Raising the bar

For the past few months, I have tried to figure out what it is that I would like to do. What direction I would like to take? Which one of the many options that lay before me is the one I want? I ponder. And today, I had a little bit of a realization. I am spoiled--my generation is spoiled. Not in the sense that I get everything I want served to me on a silver platter (note: i am extremely grateful and appreciate everything my parents have ever given me), but in the sense that I am living in a time where I have so many options and choices and in some respect a standard to live up to. The bar is high and it's intimidating and extremely challenging. The generations before us didn't have this. Back then, people needed to make money in order to survive. Now we have to make money in order to survive and thrive. People had to move out of the house and start a family and in most cases, they started with nothing. Generations preceding my own paved a trail of success, commitment and order...how will I ever live up to that? All I can say is thank you to the generations for scaring me and for challenging me to raise the bar even higher. I'll start by taking a deep breath...exhaling (ahhhh) and dive in...eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment